Sunday, January 13, 2013

Drinking Games

Sometimes my husband drinks too much. As his wife, it's painful to watch. I don't think he realizes how much it hurts me. Now that we have a baby, I don't want her to go through what I have all these years. It is my responsibility as her mother to protect her. I don't want her to see her Dad drunk or passed out on the couch. She shouldn't have to grow up this way. She deserves better.

If I had a lot of money I would be with my parents right now. At least I know my parents wouldn't hurt me. I wish I could tell them what's going on but I don't want them to worry or hate my husband. He's not a bad guy. He's a good guy who drinks too much.

I wish I had the answers or could solve this problem but I don't. I don't know what to do anymore. The easiest thing to do would be to run but as a stay at home mom I don't have a lot of options. Sometimes I feel trapped like a caged animal. I miss my freedom and independence. I miss my family. I miss sunshine and warm weather.

He says he's going to stop drinking altogether. I don't believe him. I've been down this road before. Only time will tell. If he won't do it for me then he should do it for his daughter. She's changed my life, why hasn't she changed his?  

No comments:

Post a Comment