Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Doormat Moment

You know how Oprah has her a-ha moments, well I have doormat moments and one happened last night. My mother in law called me last night and told me to do something that she thought I already knew about. I didn't. Apparently my father in law was suppose to tell my husband who was suppose to tell me. I didn't know we were in grade school again playing games. Why my mother in law didn't call or email me directly and ASK me to do her a favor I will never understand. I'm not a dog and I don't like being told what to do. I'm a human being with feelings and I liked to be asked. Just because I'm a stay at home mom doesn't mean I sit around all day waiting for something to do.

It's hard to stand up for yourself. Especially when you're not used to doing it but some people need to learn a lesson. If something involves me I need to be asked not told, no matter what my schedule looks like. Standing up for yourself is scary but also powerful. I am in control of my life and my time. I choose how to spend it and who I spend it with. Not only do I need to remind myself of that but also other people. This is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment