Monday, December 13, 2010

Getting Older

I thought getting older would suck--it doesn't. Sure, I've gained weight and have wrinkles on my face, but I'm not talking about the physical stuff. I'm talking about mentally and emotionally getting older--and stronger.

The best part about getting older is the less I care. I wake up and I don't care. I'm in it for me. In my twenties, I wanted to please people, be everyone's friend, and always be the good girl. Basically, I rolled over like a dog and let people walk all over me. Not anymore. Now, I just don't care.

In my thirties, I'm more selfish. I care more about me and not what other people think or want. No one is going to take care of you except you. So why run around and please others who won't be there for you anyway. My top priority is me and my loved ones. Nothing else matters, and if you don't like that, then get the hell out of my way.

Another great thing about getting older is I'm more honest with myself and others. No more games, no more bullshit. I don't have the time for that anymore. I'm not going to pretend I'm someone I'm not. This is who I am, take it or leave it.

I'm also done faking it and acting like I'm happy when I'm not. The older I get, the more precious my time is, and I'm done wasting my time. I'm tired of it. I'm not going to sit somewhere and act happy when I'm not. Those days are over.

Getting older has empowered me. The physical stuff is going to happen anyway but mentally I'm stronger. I've learned from my mistakes. I've learned from my twenties and I'm not looking back. I don't want to be everyone's friend, I'm not going to please everybody, and, you know what, sometimes I'm not a good girl. So there, that's me being honest and I don't care what you think.

I'm getting older and loving it. I'm getting stronger everyday. Sometimes I wonder if I had felt like this in my twenties would my life be different. Would I be more successful or less. I don't know but I do know I can't look back, only forward. It's true wisdom does come with age and the older I get, the more confident I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment