Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Good Wife

I am a good wife. I know that with all my heart and soul. I can sleep peacefully at night knowing this. I have moved, quit working, cooked and cleaned. I am a good wife. I know this to be true. Whatever my husband does I know it's not my fault. I have done the best I can. I'm not perfect and neither is he. Our relationship is not perfect. If something's wrong or missing, we need to talk about it, not reach out in different directions.

I take pride in being a good wife. I didn't get married to get divorced. We've been together a long time and didn't rush into marriage. I'm not willing to walk away from that but if I have to I will. There's two ways this will end-divorce or death. Sorry, but there's no easy way out.

I once heard someone describe marriage as a marathon not a sprint. I couldn't agree more. Marriage is something that constantly needs to be worked on. If you're married and you think your work is done, you're wrong. The work is never done.

Never take your marriage or each other for granted. The day you do is the day you find out about the other woman. That will be your wake-up call (and it's not really a wake-up call but more like a sledgehammer to the chest).

I am a good wife and I've done the best I can. In a relationship of two, one can only do so much. The other half needs to hold up his end of the bargain. I've done my part, I've put in my time, the question is will you do yours?  

No comments:

Post a Comment