Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finding What's Already There

I can feel myself getting stronger, while others are getting weaker. People who I thought were strong, now appear weak. My self-confidence is growing. At this point, I feel sorry for anyone who stands in my way.

The first thirty-something years of my life I barely made a peep. So quiet and shy, half the time no one knew I was there. I was always the good girl, doing my job well, never causing any trouble. The thing about that is it really doesn't get you anywhere in life. You never really advance, you just do your job. You try to be everyone's friend but not everyone is going to like you. It just doesn't get you anywhere but where you're already sitting.

Not anymore. The next thirty-something years of my life are going to be different. I'm in it for me. Call me selfish, but sometimes being nice doesn't get you anywhere. It's up to me to make it happen. Everyone is in it for themselves anyway. I'm simply joining the club.

Part of this is becoming debt free and free from the grasp of materialism and consumption. By doing this you are dependant on no one. You owe no one money and that gives you power. By not being into stuff, name brands, labels, and impressing people, you are at no one's mercy. I don't care what people think. It's not about them, it's about me. I like having money in the bank, gas in the car, and food on the table. Other than that I don't need much, and that makes me powerful. What I need is inside, not out.

The power and self-confidence I've always been looking for has been there the whole time. I just needed to find it and now that I have I feel more powerful than ever. You can call me names but I'm getting ahead. Either you're with me or against me but either way I'm moving forward. I got to do this for me because no one else will. I'm a powerful and independent woman and now I'm going to start living like one.    

No comments:

Post a Comment