Thursday, June 16, 2011

Less TV, More Life

I want to improve my life and I'm not going to do that sitting on the couch watching endless, mindless hours of TV. Reality TV is slowly zapping my brain and any and all intelligence and for what purpose. If a TV show is not teaching me anything, it's not worth watching.

TV and movies have their place but it's not my life and it's not what matters to me the most. What matters to me is me, my husband and improving our life together. I need to stay centered and not lose focus of what's really important in life. I must have goals each and every day. I need to be creative and express myself. At this point in my life I don't think I could go back to a regular 9-5 job stuck in a cubicle watching the time go by. I need to figure out a way to be more creative and get paid for it. That's the catch. I'm not going to do that sitting on my butt watching someone else's life on TV. I have my own life to worry about. I need to be more interested in me than someone on TV. They don't care about me than why should I care about them.

Education never stops. We are constantly learning. Don't block that progress by sitting in front of the TV watching the latest and greatest reality show. Value yourself and your time. Focus on yourself and what's important to you. Turn off the TV and read something. Get off the couch and do something. Watch less TV and get a life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment