Monday, July 29, 2013

The Cat

We have a cat that we've had for about 13 years. He's getting older now and is showing signs of age. Before the baby, the cat was our baby. He got a lot of attention. Since the baby's been born he's lucky to get feed. Poor thing, we just don't have much time for him anymore. He's been acting up and I don't know if it's his age or lack or attention or both. He drags kitty litter everywhere, especially our bed. He also starts to meow at five o'clock in the morning for no reason. It's annoying but what can we do, he's our cat. Well, apparently my husband wants to put him down because he annoys him. I annoy him too sometimes, is he going to put me to sleep too? I'm sure some days he would like to. If my husband puts the cat to sleep I will never forgive him or get another pet as long as we're together. I made a commitment when I got this cat and I intend to keep it. I'm not going to give up just because he's old or annoying. If my husband is ready to give up this quickly on the cat, how soon will he give up on me? It makes me wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment