Friday, September 13, 2013

Breakfast and Guilt

My husband made me breakfast this morning in an attempt to make up for the drinking on his days off. He went to the bar twice this weekend plus what he drinks at home. Wednesday was the worst. He drank and then spends all night on the phone either texting or calling people, meanwhile my daughter and I sit on the couch. We might as well not have even been there. Then he puts in a violent R rated movie while our daughter is still awake. It didn't take him long to pass out though. I put the baby to bed and shut the movie off. Then I saw his phone was flashing so I checked the caller id and it was from a female coworker. I didn't read it but I could have. I was already pissed off so I just went to bed alone while he slept on the couch. Great night. Thursday was a little better but not by much. He has a vacation in a few weeks and we have no plans or even money to do anything. Sucks. I am not looking forward to it but he made me breakfast this morning so everything's better, right? Bacon and eggs don't replace feeling alone, angry, and sad but nice try. Maybe my husband should try cutting back on the booze and spending more time with his family. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment