Saturday, November 2, 2013

What is Normal?

My husband's weekend totally sucked again. Wednesday he spent two hours at the bar making Halloween bags for the employees' kids. Apparently he works there now. He comes home all happy and talks about what a good time he had, meanwhile I'm at home with the baby. I asked him who he hangs out with at the bar and he says mostly female bartenders and waitresses. What a surprise. I've been told there all old and married but that's never stopped anyone before. Then he precedes to drink and text all night. We try to have sex that night (his idea, not mine) but he's too drunk.

Thursday was Halloween. The best part was taking my daughter trick or treating for the first time. Other than that everything sucked. My husband went to the bar again. He was in charge of handing out candy. When he wasn't handing out candy he was on his phone texting and drinking. My breaking point was when he took a shower and he took his phone into the bathroom with him. Who does that? Is that normal? I don't do that. I finally knocked on the bathroom door and confronted him. We got into a fight in front of our daughter and then he went to bed at 9:45 pm. He was out of beer and I busted him texting in the bathroom so why stay up anymore. I barely slept all night and when I was awake the only thing that brought me comfort was thinking about being with my parents.

Friday morning he had the nerve to ask for sex. Of course, he had forgotten about everything the night before. Don't worry I reminded him and needless to say we didn't have sex. My husband says I don't have a life and I don't do anything but if living is going to a bar, coming home and drinking a twelve pack, being on your phone all night and ignoring your family, then I rather stay home and read a book. Is that normal? I don't know. I don't know what normal people do. I live with an alcoholic. My life is a constant roller coaster and I want to get off. I want to be normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment