Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Eyes Wide Open

Here are a few things I've learned lately-

1. My brother and sister in law forgot my daughter's first birthday. Every year I send their kid's cards...on time. At least my brother in law admitted he forgot but my sister in law said she sent a package which we have yet to receive. Also a remark was made that since I'm a stay at home mom and don't officially work, I have time to remember birthdays and send out cards. That's right, in laws, all I do is sit around all day and stare at a calendar and wait for birthdays to come around so I can have something to do with my life. Thanks, and by the way if you ever read this, screw you.

2. Thanks to therapy I feel like my eyes are finally open to what's been really happening around me. No more secrets, no more lies. I'm free. His drinking problem is not necessarily my problem. I'm stronger than I know. I know this now. My eyes are open, the secrets are out, and there's no turning back. Happiness is truth and truth is happiness. You cannot have one without the other. That I know for sure now.

No comments:

Post a Comment