Saturday, August 24, 2013

Who Needs Enemies? I Have In Laws!

Here are some updates on my in law drama:

1. I called my mother in law to talk about my husband's drinking and she said she knew he was an alcoholic five years ago. Nice! Thanks for filling me in, mother in law, and then she preceded to talk about me and how I need to get out of the house and make friends. Ummmm, I think your son being an alcoholic is a bigger problem, don't you?

2. My brother in law sent my daughter a belated birthday card and money which at the time I thought was a nice gesture. Wrong! My husband sent him a text thanking him and apologized for the fight they had over my daughter's first birthday. What do you think my brother in law said back? Your welcome? No, that would have been too easy. He said go f@#k yourself, apology not accepted, and then he listed all the Christmas gifts he's gotten us over the years. I guess someone is keeping score. I though Christmas was about giving not receiving. Not with my in laws.

So, to review: my mother in law knows her son is an alcoholic but I have the problem and my brother in law is a materialistic, selfish jerk. I think that about covers it. I can't wait for the next family reunion!

No comments:

Post a Comment