Friday, August 16, 2013

I Finally Figured It Out

I finally figured out why I've been so miserable this past year. I don't have post partum depression and I don't need time alone. It's so simple that once I figured it out with my therapist I was actually embarrassed that I didn't figure it out sooner. What I need is for me, my husband and daughter to spend more time together as a family. Simple, right? Isn't that what normal families do? For the past year I've been told I'm irrational, emotional and depressed.  This is what I get for listening to my husband. He tells me to get out of the house, in fact, he practically yells at me to get out. What he doesn't understand is that most of the time I'm home alone with the baby and when I go out I'm alone. I'm constantly alone. I don't need new friends or hobbies, I need a husband who wants to spend time with his family and not run away from us.

Before the baby was born we did a lot together. After the baby was born that stopped. I stayed home and he went out - a lot. I know it sounds crazy but it's true and I don't know why that happened but it did. That's why I've been so unhappy. It's so simple it's stupid. I can't believe I had to go to a therapist to figure this out. My husband and I never made the transition from being a couple to a family but that's going to change. We are going to do more stuff together like we should of been doing all along. We are going to be a family. I don't expect this to solve everything but it's a good start at least for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment