Thursday, August 1, 2013

The Revelation

Yesterday I went to my first counseling session and it was wonderful. It was so nice to talk to someone and not hold anything back. I felt great when I left. I would encourage anyone who needs someone to talk to about anything to call a counselor today. Unfortunately the feeling did not last. I came home and in my excitement I think I told my husband too much, especially about his drinking. Twelve beers later that night, he starts to tell me I don't have so bad and his drinking is not the only problem, etc. I basically went from the top of the world to the bottom of the mountain. Thanks, husband, but my eyes have been open and the secret is out. He's an alcoholic and there's no turning back now. All I want is the truth and I want everyone to know it. It's time to roll up our sleeves and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment