Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Party's Over

I thought my life would be different. I thought by now I would be your typical, suburban soccer mom-chasing after kids, doing family activities, totally exhausted at the end of the day. But I'm not. I would give anything to be that mom.

I'm at the age where I no longer want to party. Just thinking about it makes me tired. In my twenties I did the clubs, bars and house parties. Now I rather stay home and read a book. I also don't drink as much as I used to. I don't need or want alcohol anymore. I prefer to stay in control of my actions. I don't need a drink to have a good time or be happy and relaxed.

Last night, my husband dragged me over to a friend's house for some late night beers (for him, not for me-always the designated driver). To be honest, it wasn't worth it. We both woke up the next morning tired as hell quickly realizing that were in our thirties not our twenties. I would rather stay at home changing diapers or rocking a baby to sleep but this is not my life.

Some people are forced to settle down, I want to settle down. I have a husband, a home, a cat, and now I just need a family to feel complete. Going out late at night and drinking my cares away isn't my definition of fun anymore. That's for the kids, I just want to be a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment